August 28th 2019
Death is not the end. Play as a failed alchemic experiment and explore the sprawling, ever-changing castle to find out what happened on this gloomy island…! That is, assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers. Dead Cells is a roguevania action platformer from Motion Twin that will require you to master frantic 2D combat with a wide variety of weapons and skills against merciless minions and boss. Kill. Die. Learn. Repeat. First available on PC and consoles, the indie hit Dead Cells is now slaying foes on mobile!
- Roguevania - The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath
- Frantic and Dynamic 2D Action - Learn your enemies’ patterns to stay alive, or prepare to be sent back to your cell before you can say “baguette”
- Nonlinear Progression - Unlock new levels with every death, opt for the path that suits your current build, your playstyle or just your mood. Surely, the ramparts can’t be as bad the sewers, right?
- Play at your own pace - Will you explore every nook and cranny of the castle, or rush to the end?
- Carefully redesigned for mobile with a revamped interface
- Two game modes available - Original and Auto-Hit
- Custom controls and More touch controls options available - change the buttons’ position and size to your liking, swipe to dodge…
- Free Legacy Update: Enjoy New Difficulty, New Biomes, New Enemies, New Bosses, New Weapons, New Skills, New Mutations...
- Free Everyone is Here update: Crazy outfits and weapons from your favorite indie games have made it to the island! Collect items from Hollow Knight, Blasphemous, Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee, Skul and Curse of the Dead Gods!
- The Bad Seed DLC: Take a break from the frenzy of the castle and have a stroll through some luxurious scenery!
- Fatal Falls DLC: Be ready for a leap of faith and cleanse the floating isles of their heresy!
- Queen and the Sea DLC : Battle your way through a rotten shipwreck, scale a burning lighthouse and confront your deadliest foe yet. If you manage to make it through all that, maybe you’ll finally get off this god-forsaken island...
- NEW FREE UPDATE: Boss Rush Mode: Discover a new alternative game mode to fight your favourite bosses back to back // Everyone is Here Vol.2: Spice up your runs with 6 new Outfits, Weapons and lore rooms based your favourite indie games. Gather items from Shovel Knight, Hotline Miami, Katana Zero, Risk of Rain 2, Terraria and Slay the Spire!
- MFi external controller support
- Pay once to get the full Dead Cells experience! No ads, no F2P mechanics!
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Press Copy. We have a dedicated version just for you so make sure to reach us!
Based in Paris, Montpellier and Nancy, France, Playdigious is a publisher with in-house porting capacity working on high quality indie games on mobile, consoles and PC. The company was established in 2015 by Xavier Liard and Romain Tisserand, experienced entrepreneurs who previously founded DotEmu.
More information on Playdigious, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Death Cells Credits