Paris, France, June 10th:Playdigious has today announced during the Future Games Show its new publishing arm, Playdigious Originals[LINK]. The new publishing structure is partnering with Ritual Studios[LINK] to launch Fretless – The Wrath of Riffson [LINK], as first title. Fretless is a pixel-art journey set in the vibrant and diverse musical rock world inspired by musician and content creator Rob Scallon. The game is an RPG adventure with turn-based combat set to launch in 2024.
In Fretless players will go on a quest to restore harmony in an off-tuned, corrupted world, currently endangered by the tyrannical Rick Riffson, the boss of Super Metal Records.
The game invites players to explore a whimsical yet dangerous musical world, where every flower jingles, rocks possess a rhythmic quality, and beach waves carry their own melody.
The title also presents turn-based combat anchored in a deck-building system that lets players orchestrate melodic riffs to crush their foes. Whether they prefer a high-damage build, devastating musical effects, life-stealing combos, or even random chaos, Fretless allows endless arrangements to play with.
Additionally, Playdigious is proud to announce the launch of its indie label, Playdigious Originals. This label will aim to provide a platform for independent developers to showcase their creativity and commit to deliver unique and innovative gaming experiences to players worldwide.
Fretless – The Wrath of Riffson is one of the flagship titles under the Playdigious Originals label, embodying the spirit of creativity, passion, and artistic expression that the label stands for. Through Playdigious Originals, the company is excited to continue championing indie games and contributing to the thriving indie game development community.
To learn more about Fretless – The Wrath of Riffson and stay updated on its progress, please visit the Steam page [LINK], follow Playdigious Originals on Twitter[LINK] and join the Discord[LINK].
- Explore a musical world: discover whimsical biomes where flowers jingle, rocks really rock and beach waves have their own melody. Watch out for the percushrooms: they’ll beat you up.
- Engage in musical turn-based combat: orchestrate melodies of mighty musical riffs to bit crush your foes. Plug your instrument, stay on the beat and unleash powerful crescendo attacks!
- Fine-tune your strategy: collect mighty riffs, add them to your deck, and compose the perfect bars to create unbeatable solos. Follow the beat of your own drum, whether it is high damage build, devastating musical effects, life-stealing combos or even random chaos!
- Spice up your musical abilities with physical add-ons: are you a metal-rock shredder or an indie-folk lover? Choose the best instrument and add bridges, strings, and more to match your own playstyles.
- Band together for a wholesome ballad: embark on a story full of musical puns, zany characters and Rob Scallon’s coterie of music-loving friends
- Enjoy a hand-crafted Pixel Art symphony: progress through a visually enchanting world filled with gorgeous punchy animations and alluring scenery.
- Music is for everyone: from “simple” music enthusiast to guitar god, everyone can hit the right note at the right time! Whether you are already a fan of Rob or just looking for a fun lighthearted adventure, this game is made for you.
The Wrath of Riffson
About Ritual Studios
Ritual Studios is a young game development company that focuses on creating distinctive and engaging gaming experiences. Their dedication lies in pixel art, captivating storytelling, and innovative gameplay mechanics, as they strive to explore new possibilities in interactive entertainment. The studio comprises a team of four friends who have collaborated both professionally and as hobbyists for over six years. With their collective experience in delivering completed games across various studios, they are well-equipped to handle the task at hand with skill and precision.
About Playdigious Originals
With more than 15 games released on PC, mobile and console, we are proud to bring this expertise to you with our publishing label : Playdigious Originals.
In our years of experience, we’ve seen a huge amount of inspiring game pitches and projects coming our way and it is time for us to explore new horizons by working with them on original PC/Console titles.
Playdigious Originals wants to help bring those creative and innovative indie projects to light. The goal is to be a well-oiled machine bringing its industry insight and technical know-how to collaborate with teams that need to get to the next level.